At Chadwicks & Hacks we don't just sell the best indoor and outdoor fireplaces - we service them! Having your gas fireplace inspected annually is very important, but often overlooked. Trust the experts at Chadwicks & Hacks to keep your fireplace running efficiently, without worry.
Tune-ups, fireplace repairs, and even full installs - we do it all. Interested? Give us a call at 1-800-310-9831 or email us to book your fireplace appointment.
Here is what you can expect from our thorough 33 point Fireplace Safety and Maintenance Check:
- Clean Glass
- Vacuum the fan and the area under the firebox
- Clear all dust, pet hair, etc.
- Brush out firebox, offer to repaint if necessary
- Clean outside of unit
- Check all gaskets and seals, replace if necessary
DIRECT VENT UNITS GASKET CHECK
Check all pressure relief plates
Check all springs on pressure relief guides
Check springs on hook to glass window frame if applicable to unit
GAS LEAK TESTS
- Check main gas line connection to valve
- Check shut-off valve connections
- Check connection at gas valve outlet
- Check connection at main burner orifice
- Check pilot fuel line at valve and at pilot assembly
- Check the cap, clear obstructions if any
- Check wall or roof penetrations
- Repair seal if necessary
- Check the main burner for cracks and proper operation
- Check for evidence of sooting
- Check the air shutter setting
- Check pilot assembly, pilot hood
- Check the heat exchange area
- Check logs for breakage and proper placement
- Check embers, vermiculite etc.
- Check gas pressure, incoming and manifold
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM CHECK
- Check condition of thermopile and thermocouples
- Check millivolt output of both
- Test Valves
- Check system resistance
- Check condition of all wiring
- Check, clean, tighten all electrical connections. Use dielectric grease on millivolt connections
- Check and clean the fan
- Check voltage and replace client supplied batteries in Remote transmitter and receiver.